Webinars on Demand
Watch recordings of past webinars at your convenience
Renting Property – WA State B&O and IRS Tax Issues for Nonprofits
- When does rental income becomes taxable?
- Rental income reporting requirements.
- What Washington State and IRS rental income tax exemptions can be obtained for nonprofit organizations?
- Rules for rental of parking spaces and cell towers.
WA State Exempt Property Tax Issues
- How your organization can qualify for and maintain a property tax exemption.
- Which types of activities are allowed under a property tax exemption?
- Recent changes to Washington limitations and requirements.
- We’ll also discuss several examples of whether a property tax exemption can be maintained.
2020 Year End Update – Compensation Reporting
- What COVID-19 reporting is required?
- Should I issue a 1099 or a W-2?
- What items should be included in an employee’s W-2?
- What is the correct way to complete a W-2 for a pastor?
2020 Year End Update – Charitable Contribution Receipting
- What is required when receipting donors for various contributions?
- When are designated contributions not deductible?
- How are IRA contributions reported differently?
- How are out-of-pocket expenses for unreimbursed travel receipted?
2020 Year End Update – IRS & WA State Reporting
- What are the changes in Form 1099-MISC reporting?
- What unrelated business income is required to be reported on Form 990-T?
- What is required to be reported to the Department of Revenue?
- What can be done to maintain a property tax exemption?
WA State Sales and Use Taxes
- What is use tax?
- Which types of purchases require payment of use tax?
- Do churches and non profits have to pay use tax?
Housing Allowance Tax Benefit for Ministers
- What is housing allowance?
- Housing allowance designation.
- Which housing costs can be included in housing allowance?
- Tax implications of housing allowance.
- See a sample computation to better understand how to calculate housing allowance.
- How are pastor taxes different than lay employees?
- What tax elections are available for pastors?
- Review a sample pastor pay check.
Download Our Free Guide
How to Maximize the Tax Benefits of Working from Home
6 Critical Questions Asked by Employees and Employers
There are tax benefits available to those who are working from home that you do not want to miss. This free resource will help you make the most of them.
Tax and accounting regulations are complex and changing faster than ever, and the confusion is distracting. At Battershell & Nichols, we come alongside you as a trusted advisor to provide clarity and solutions so you can focus on what matters most. Read More
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Take your first step towards clarity. You’ll get a chance to get to know us, and we’ll make sure we understand your questions and goals.